- Department of Computer Science
- Institute of Computer Science and Engineering
- Institute of Network Engineering
- Institute of Multimedia Engineering
- Institute of Biomedical Engineering
- Globalization and Development Office
- EECS International Graduate Program
As the first Network Engineering research and education institute in a public university in Taiwan, the institute focuses on network and communication research and education. The institute outperforms other departments and institutes in Taiwan in the fields of mobile communications, wireless networks, fiber-optic networks, and network security. The institute emphasizes the impact of research results and its faculty members have obtained many significant achievements, which surpass any other schools of computer science in the country. Many faculty members serve as editors of IEEE Transaction journals. Many faculty members have served as program committee members for prestigious international conferences and received best paper awards. Two professors have been granted Outstanding Research Awards by the National Science Council. Moreover, the institute faculty includes fellows of IEEE, ACM, AAAS and IET.
|Research Groups||Research Topics||Group Members|
|Wireless Internet||Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, 4G and Next-Generation Core Networks, Wireless VoIP/Multimedia Applications, Mobile Peer-to-Peer Communications, Inter Vehicle Communications, Machine-to-Machine||Jason Yi-Bing Lin, Ming-Feng Chang, Chien-Chao Tseng, Shie-Yuan Wang, Jyh-Cheng Chen, Hsu-Feng Hsiao, Yaw-Chung Chen, Ying-Dar Lin, Shiao-Li Tsao, Bao-Shuh Paul Lin|
|Wireless PANs and LANs||PAN/LAN protocols, Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, Wireless Mesh Networks, Network Simulations, System-on-Chip||Yu-Chee Tseng, Chien-Chao Tseng, Kuo-Chen Wang, Chien Chen, Jyh-Cheng Chen, Hsi-Lu Chao, Chih-Wei Yi, Shie-Yuan Wang, Shiao-Li Tsao|
|Smart Environments||Cloud Computing, Mobile Data Management, Data Mining, m-Health, Grid Computing, Network Reliability, Fault Tolerant Computing, Parallel and Distributed Computing||Kuo-Chen Wang, Yu-Chee Tseng, Wen-Chih Peng, Shyan-Ming Yuan, Jiun-Long Huang, Chien-Chao Tseng, Feng-Jian Wang, Jiun-Long Huang, John Kar-kin Zao|
|Broadband Communication||iBroadband Switches, Optical Networks, High Speed Networks, Congestion Control, Request Scheduling, Fast Packet Switching for Multimedia Applications, Quality-of-Service (QoS)||Maria C. Yuang, Yaw-Chung Chen, Chien Chen, Ying-Dar Lin, Bao-Shuh Paul Lin|
|Internet Security||Information Security, Network Security, Content Security, Software Security, Wireless Network Security||Ying-Dar Lin, Shiuh-pyng Shieh, Shih-Kun Huang, John Kar-kin Zao, Jyh-Cheng Chen, Wen-Guey Tzeng, Yu-Sung Wu, Rong-Jaye Chen, Wuu Yang, Tien-Fu Chen|
- Identifying and solving the problem of broadcast storms in ad hoc networks.
- Suggesting ways of dealing with the problems of location update and roaming efficacy.
- Developing the first vertical integration platform for GPRS and Wi-Fi.
- Compiling the textbook “Wireless and mobile network architectures,” published by Wiley, which was ranked as the number one best seller for a long time on Amazon in the field of wireless networking.
- Developing and releasing the highly-praised NCTU-ns Network Simulator and Emulator software to the public.
- Developing Hawaii Mobile IP protocol as an approach for supporting mobility in wide- area wireless networks.
- Designing the first integrated electro-optical hardware and an all-optical IP-over-WDM core network controlled by GMPLS.
- Designing multi-hop cellular, a new architecture for wireless communication.
- Development of key technologies in all-optical broadband Internet.
- Development of key technologies in wireless networks and applications for the next generation.
- Research on group security and key integration.
- Research on platform and applications for sensor network software and hardware.
- Development of network application systems for intelligent homes.
- Research on technologies and service platforms for P2P (peer-to-peer) communication.