- Department of Computer Science
- Institute of Computer Science and Engineering
- Institute of Network Engineering
- Institute of Multimedia Engineering
- Institute of Data Science and Engineering
- EECS International Graduate Program
Integration of computer science and biomedicine has been the trend of many top computer science and computer engineering schools in the world. Groundbreaking research through the applications of advanced engineering techniques in the field of biomedicine will be the mainstream in the future. The Institute of Biomedical Engineering in NCTU aims at preparing students for a career in biomedical engineering and biotechnology industry by equipping them with the multidisciplinary knowledge in biomedicine, computer science and information engineering as well as the skills in applying their knowledge in solving clinical problems.
The Institute of Biomedical Engineering will recruit university graduates with background in biology, medicine and engineering as well as students in computer science and information technology with background in both hardware and software. The Institute aims at creating an interdisciplinary research environment conducive to innovation and applications of advanced technology to solve clinical problems.
|Information System Program|
|Research Groups||Research Topics||Group Members|
|Neural Engineering, Medical Imaging and Bioinformatics||Neural Prosthetic, Electrical and Magnetic Stimulation, Brain Computer Interface, Scientific Visualization, Image Processing, Biomedical Signal Processing, Virtual Biomedical Instrumentation, Bio-photonics||Chin-Teng Lin, Charles T. M. Choi, Yu-Tai Ching, Kou-Yuan Huang, Yuh-Jyh Hu, John K. Zao, Yong-Sheng Chen, TsaiPei Wang, Tzu-Chien Hsiao|
- Biomedical medical images processing and analysis on neuron tracing in fly brain and tomography reconstruction of the images acquired by synchotron.
- Developing the first 500-1000 functional channel cochlear implant stimulating strategy and is currently awaiting animal studies and human trials. Novel deep brain stimulation strategy is also being developed.
- Bio-IT for Brain Dynamics and Cognitive State Estimation/Enhancement in Daily Applications.
- Developing a genetic programming-based method to predict RNAconcensus secondary structure elements, including pseudoknots.
- Processing and computer-assisted diagnosis of coronary aeteries using MDCT image data. Analysis of simulated and actual laparoscopic surgery video for the purpose of surgical skill training and assessment.
- Developing neuronal source reconstruction and brain MRIimage processing techniques for functional and structural brain mapping.
- Participation of international experts such as Prof. Wen Tai Liu (neural prosthetic) of University of California, Santa Cruz, Prof. Tzyy-Ping Jung (blind source separation techniques in EEG) of University of California, San Diego.
- Integration of neural-prosthetic, biotechnology, biophotonics, electrophysiology, sensors and signal processing techniques to develop new solutions to clinical problems.
- Planning of a new Ph.D. program for holder of M.D. who is interested in a career of research and clinical work.