- Department of Computer Science
- Institute of Computer Science and Engineering
- Institute of Network Engineering
- Institute of Multimedia Engineering
- Institute of Data Science and Engineering
- EECS International Graduate Program
The Institute of Multimedia Engineering was established in 2005 to develop edu¬cational programs and foster focused research in image processing, computer vision, computer graphics, animation and gaming, multimedia and content retrieval systems, and digital learning. The Institute is proud of having the largest faculty in the field of multimedia in Taiwan, as well as the most graduate students.
|Research Groups||Research Topics||Group Members|
|Computer Vision and Image Processing||Autonomous land vehicle guided by stereo computer vision, image and video data hiding and processing, 3D geometrical reconstruction techniques, analysis and retrieval for images and video, intelligent visual surveillance.||Jen-Hui Chuang, Chin-Teng Lin, Zen Chen, Wen-Hsiang Tsai, Kou-Yuan Huang, Ling-Hwei Chen, Chia-Hoang Lee, Yu-Tai Ching, Cheng-Chung Lin, Yong-Sheng Chen, Tsai-Pei Wang, Jacky Lin, Wen-Chieh Lin|
|Graphics, Animation and Gaming||3D graphics, animation, virtual reality, synthesis and rendering of Chinese paintings, 3D gaming, on-line gaming, on-line game platform and games with artificial intelligence.||Zen-Chung Shih, Zen Chen, Jung-Hong Chuang, Chuen-Tsai Sun, I-Chen Wu, Cheng-Chung Lin, I-Chen Lin, Sai-Keung Wong, Wen-Chieh Lin|
|Multimedia and Content Retrieval Systems||Digital signal processing and coding, visual system, image and video analysis and retrieval, distributed multimedia systems and platforms, multimedia streaming over network.||Chun-Jen Tsai, Suh-Yin Lee, Hsin-Chia Fu, Chin-Min Liu, Hsu-Feng Hsiao, W. J. Tsai, Ying-Ping Chen, Wen-Hsiao Peng|
|Digital Learning||Authoring systems for digital multimedia learning, development systems and environments for digital learning, standardization of digital learning.||Deng-Jyi Chen, Chuen-Tsai Sun|
- In the area of computer vision, build the first autonomous land vehicle guided by stereo computer vision, and capable of environment learning and self-navigation.
- In the area of image processing, develop the application software InfoProtector, which won the first prizes in both Color Image and Large Image Contests in the 2004 Watermarking Competition, National Digital Archives Program.
- In the 3D computer graphics, develop texture synthesis, Chinese painting synthesis, browsing system, blending, polygon mesh technique, and subsurface photo-realistic rendering.
- In the area of audio and video signal processing, develop a MPEG4 AAC system, publish several patents and papers, and also transfer the patents to the industry to help the industry to build products related to audio and video signal processing.
- In the area of digital learning system, develop the “CORAL” system, the first integrat¬ed platform for digital learning.
- In the area of artificial intelli¬gence in gaming, develop a six- in-a-row game named Connect6 and publish the first paper about Connect6 in the world. In contrast to the traditional five- in-a-row games (or called Go¬bang or Renju), Connect6 im¬proves its fairness.
- In the area of digital content, establish a strong collaboration tie with the Digital Content Institute founded by Industrial Develop¬ment Bureau, MOEA and the game/animation industries.
- To intensively study pioneering Graphic Technology, and devise key technologies for use in next generation games and animations.
- To establish an interactive smart environment based on super-human sensory to ac-hieve a high-quality digital life style.
- To conduct research on next-generation multimedia core technologies as well as multimedia systems and platforms.
- To integrate network technologies, artificial intelligence, simulation, and games and develop systems/platforms for on-line cooperative learning.